Hey there! As you (should) know, every dinner needs to end with a dessert. For us, it's always something with simple ingredients you can find at home or at the closest grocery store.
COVID-19 has motivated everyone to work out and get fit, but that doesn't mean you can't end the day with something sweet 😉 and churros are always the perfect (and easy) dessert to approach!
In this recipe however, we won't be frying the churros but we will bake them instead! DOn't worry, it will taste just as good (maybe even better!)
Before we start, please note that you shouldn't play around with the measurements in baking! Unlike cooking, you have to be very precise about measurements in baking!
1 cup of water
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp fine salt
21/4 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp butter, melted
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1. Take a frying pan and put butter, salt, sugar and water in it . Boil this mixture on medium flame.
2. Once it boils remove the pan from the stove. Now add flour and vanilla essence in this mixture and mix it with the help of spatula to form a soft dough.
3. Preheat your oven at 200 degree celsius. Place a parchment paper on a baking tray.
4. Put your soft dough in a piping bag fitted with a large star-shape nozzle.
5. Pipe your dough into (around 14) 2-inch-strips on your baking tray. (Each strip = 1 churro)
6. Bake them for 20 minutes at 200 degrees celcius. After 20 minutes switch off the oven and leave churros in the swithced-off oven for another 5 minutes till they get more brown.
7. Once baked, allow them to cool down.
8. Once they cool down, brush these churros with melted butter, coat sugar and sprinkle some cinnamon!
Enjoy this dip with some nutella!