Hi, I hope you are doing well. This time I got delayed in posting since are getting extremely busy whipping up recipes in the kitchen. This certain recipe is one of my favorite salads which I really admire. It has freshness, a sharp flavor of parsley, and a sweet and sour flavor of salt and sugar. I think it's a complete salad with all the needed flavors.
You must be wondering why I am such a big fan of this salad. I am telling you it is a wonderful recipe, and its a must-try. There are lot of versions for this salad but I liked this one most. The most important thing in this salad is how you chop the veggies. I chopped them very finely for better results. So try out this recipe and tell me how it turned out!
The veggies and fruits you will need are:
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
3-4 bunches of curly parsley
1 medium garlic clove (minced or pressed)
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
1/2 cup diced tomatoes (take out seeds)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
For the dressing you will need:
3 tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup bulgur or quinoa
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
a pinch of sugar
1 tsp zaatar(optional)
Okay, let's get started!
1. Firstly cook or soak bulgar in hot water till it gets soft. Strain extra water and keep aside bulgur to cool down.
2. Let's take our curly parsley and take out the fat stems (and throw them away). Now, chop your parsley very finely.
3. Now take a big bowl and mix cucumber, onions, tomatoes, spring onions, and 1/2 tsp. salt and set this mixture aside.
4. Now, for the dressing, all you have to do is take all the dressing ingredients listed above along with the 1/2 tsp salt left and mix it all together in a small bowl.
5. Now we can set up the salad in a jar. First, take out your mason jar (obviously) and pour your dressing at the bottom. Now, put in your mixed veggies, then a layer of bulgar and top it off with some parsley. Your salad is now ready to eat!
To view more recipes click here: https://www.foodbooktheblog.com/blog
Follow us on social media:
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to receive a free cheat sheet with over 15 hacks to help you out in the kitchen!
Remember to like this post/video and comment down below👇